With approximately 1,700 lawyers across 22 offices globally, Skadden is one of the largest and most prestigious law firms in the world and we pride ourselves on delivering solutions to the world's most complex, high-value cases and transactions. The Talent Data & Strategy Analyst leads data-focused projects designed to evolve our talent management processes and technology. The Analyst collaborates with executive and talent leadership to provide analytical answers to strategic questions about talent processes, including acquisition, retention, advancement, and diversity, equity and inclusion. The Analyst works closely with key stakeholders across the firm, including executive leadership, senior partners and the global heads of Talent Strategy and Development; Talent Pipeline and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; Talent Acquisition and Associate Engagement; and Human Resources.
Collaborates with executive and talent leadership to provide analytical answers to strategic questions about talent processes, including acquisition, retention, advancement, and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Provides action-oriented analyses to ensure leadership is well-informed and able to make thoughtful, data-driven decisions.
- Builds relationships and collaborates with talent leaders and their teams to solve organizational problems by prioritizing work to manage multiple work-streams and high pressure situations.
- Empower leaders by providing high quality people data, reporting, analyses and insights.
- Designs and develops data analytics solutions, iteratively builds and prototypes models, dashboards and scorecards to provide insights.
- Manipulates and analyzes large data sets to distill insights from data and connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations using creative, structured and analytical thinking. Creates effective, realistic, and intuitive reporting solutions.
- Uses analytical reasoning to identify problems and develop hypotheses, often recommending a data product that addresses stakeholder needs.
- Builds models to analyze historical results and predict potential future drivers and detractors of performance encompassing, but not limited, to recruiting, attrition and retention, advancement, headcount, operational effectiveness and ROI on various programs.
- Creates presentations for executive leadership in a clear and concise manner to enable effective understanding and interpretation of the underlying data.
- Collaborates with relevant talent departments to develop key performance indicators/metrics and create, enhance and/or maintain cyclical reporting.
- Partners with the IT and HRIS groups on the planning, design, and implementation of data sets, metrics, dashboards, scorecards and related solutions on behalf of the talent groups (e.g.,
- Attorney Development, Attorney Recruiting, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Human Resources).
- Develops fluency in all data and systems from multiple sources across the firm.
- Responds to ad hoc requests for information, analyses and action planning.
- Ensures data integrity and accuracy in all reporting and analysis.