Come create the technology that helps the world act together.
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people's lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia's Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
The Optical Regional Business Center (RBC) within the NI Business Unit is responsible for identifying new customers and growing an existing business, through a passion for Optical networking. The Consulting Solution Engineer (CSE) team is dedicated to exceeding our customers' expectations, by finding and addressing their needs within the Nokia Optical portfolio solution set. This position is for an intermediate level Consulting Solution Engineer to join our team. The Consulting Solution Engineer shall work closely with the segment team to support pre-win and post-win customer activities. This position requires competence in developing technical and business plans using Nokia's Optical Networks portfolio.
What you will learn and contribute to
The responsibilities of the Consulting Solution Engineer include but not limited to:
* Support new lines of business for new and existing customers
* Design and maintain customer networks files using Nokia Engineering tools
* Support Senior CSE to define use cases and product/solution architectures
* Support Nokia lab solution testing
* Support Nokia lab remote solution demos
* Support Nokia lab remote solution training
* Support Customer lab testing
* Support Customer lab demos
* Support Customer lab solution training
* The Consulting Solution Engineer shall be challenged to learn new technologies including, but not limited to:
* Photonics and DWDM
* The Consulting Solution Engineer shall be required to quickly develop hands-on Nokia Optical Portfolio expertise including, but not limited to:
* 1830 Photonic Service Switch Product Set
* 1830 Photonic Service Interconnect Product Set
* Photonic and Planning Tools
* Network Functional Manager and Network Service Platform
* The Consulting Sales Engineer is a customer-facing role and therefore should have the following skills:
* Quick thinking
* Ability to manage issues in real-time
* Ability to present and project confidence and expertise
* Ability to build trust relationships with customer engineering teams
* Ability to build trust relationships with other Nokia Optical teams (Sales Engineers, Product Line Managers and Project Managers)
Your skills and experience
* The Consulting Solution Engineer must have an Engineering degree or a similar technology curriculum
* The candidate should have 3+ years' experience supporting Optical Transport solutions including DWDM, CDC-F, OLS, ROADM architectures, photonic line design and L2 solutions. In addition, the candidate must have knowledge of multi-layer management systems.
What we offer
Nokia standard offering:
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia's employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.