We're looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
Responsible for achievement of the sales quota in states: PA, NY, ME, VT, MA, VA, Washington DC, CT, WV, NJ, MD.
- Manage relationships with customers and distributors to understand their requirements and develop appropriate solution(s) to best meet their needs
- Provide continual updates via CRM on Key Account and conversion status of target accounts
- Provide reporting, forecasting for business planning purposes
- Support the business through generation of new growth accounts while maintaining and developing existing accounts
- Continuously scans for prospects with current or new customers to achieve new sales, expands offerings within the account, and populates account pipeline consistently and on a timely basis
- Develop and implement a sales strategy that focuses on channel, consultants, end-users and installers that enables territory management and sales growth.
- Must have the ability to manage complex accounts with multiple stake holders and at potentially multiple locations.
- Lead a virtual team for global account management where applicable
- Provide extensive product and solutions training for customers and distributors
- Responds to customer issues and provides follow-up to assure resolution
- Maintains knowledge of competitors' activities throughout assigned territory
- Understands current market relationships and partnerships with customers and distributors
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferably in business, marketing, or engineering
- Ideally 6+ years in an outside sales role in datacom market
- Knowledge of products within the industry i.e. electrical, electronic, datacom or industrial accounts
- Knowledge and understanding of selling through a channel model
- Established record of increasing sales profits
- Demonstrated skills in problem resolution
- Demonstrated skills associated with selling to multiple types of customers, including distributors, consultants, engineers, end users, OEMs, MROs, Solution Providers, and contractors
- Skills in managing multiple tasks/projects along with the ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Demonstrated skills to develop and deliver effective presentations and proposals
- Demonstrated ability to leverage partnerships to drive the strategic plan.Consistently demonstrates alignment to organizational strategy to advance opportunities.
- Ability to define and quantify opportunities through customer research
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate by collaborating with others to arrive at a conclusion using compromise, persuasion, and influence, rationale and diplomacy both internally and externally in a selling environment
- Ability to use strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to present their views in a clear and compelling manner
- Ability to develop strong relationships in the assigned account markets to assess trends/conditions, and translate these into opportunities to deliver value according to timelines given
- Ability to manage all aspects of an account with a positive, "can do" attitude
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business circumstances and have the ability to thrive in a constantly changing business environment
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 8,800 people and trusted brands such as CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We're known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.
At nVent, we are committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by national, federal, state or local law.