GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 51 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world"s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
To define, plan, design and refine fixtures, data and processes necessary to facilitate and control the manufacture of products in the St. Louis facilities.
- Plans, creates, verifies and revises machine control data and documentation that direct the operation for multi-axis numerically controlled machines and robots required to manufacture and inspect complex parts and tools.
- Provides numerical control, machining and programming technical expertise to cross-functional engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Establishes technical requirements for manufacturing and producibility.
- Defines requirements for complex fixtures used to manufacture or inspect parts.
- Plans, guides and facilitates the development and integration of new machining techniques and manufacturing methods or inspection techniques, processes and software.
- Continuously improves the quality of manufacturing processes.
- Develops processes and procedures for new machines and products.
- Is able to work independently without assistance from other Programmers.
- Works with customers and Design Engineering to ensure Design for Manufacturability (DFM) has been incorporated
- Can effectively lead projects and engineering efforts Capable of providing coaching and mentorship opportunities for junior NC programmers
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associates degree in related field or equivalent and 6 years of NC experience OR 8 years of NC experience without degree
- 5 years programming aerospace metallic and or composite structural components is required
- 5 years Catia and or NX experience required
- U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain a Department of Defense Security Clearance.
- Must be a US Person able to comply with ITAR regulations and site SSA requirements.
- GKN experince preferred
- Familiarity with current windows environment and current Microsoft office suite.
- Machinist experience.
- Familiarity with Vericut.
- Aerospace manufacturing experience.
- VB or other coding software knowledge is a plus.
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.