The Marriott Park Ridge believes top tier Team Members deserve some recognition!
By securing a position with us you will be awarded with up to $1,000 in incentives paid throughout your first year!Incentives will be awarded on your 30th day employment PLUS your 6-month anniversary AND again on your 1-year anniversary!
The Marriott Park Ridge is seeking a Banquet Captain to join their talented team! Conveniently located a short distance from Woodcliff Lake, Nyack, The Outlets at Bergen Town Center and the bustle of New York City, the Marriott Park Ridge boasts 289 rooms, 18,000+ sq. ft. of event space and two restaurants on-site.
Job Overview: To help supervise in house and extra banquet waiters and waitresses with the function of serving food and beverage to guests.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Assigns waiters/waitresses to go to the kitchen after each meal to pick up equipment, food and beverage and make sure it is properly stored
* Keeps work area clean and in an orderly condition for next shift's banquet captain
* Make sure that there are enough waiters/waitresses scheduled
* Prepares departmental reports for management
* Provides supervision to waiters, waitresses and verifies their arrival times and relief periods
* Carves and disjoints meats; makes special dishes in guests' presence (table-side service)
* Ensures that a waiter or waitress is nearby to take care of each guest and is on the alert at all times to see that the guests are given every attention
* Works closely with kitchen personnel to coordinate cooking, food presentation and delivery times for each function
* At the beginning of each shift, reviews the menu book to be aware of all functions scheduled for that day
* In proper, clean uniform and wearing a nametag at all times
* Handles all hotel equipment carefully
* Performs job duties in a safe manner to minimize the probability of accidents
* Maintains a friendly, courteous manner with fellow employees and hotel guests at all times
* Adheres to, is knowledgeable of, and complies with, all departmental rules, side work assignments, and departmental procedures
* Reports any occurrences of an unusual or critical nature to his/her supervisor
* Performs other duties as assigned
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
* Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service-ware.
* Basic knowledge of the English language sufficient to understand inquiries from customers and communicate simple instructions.
* Ability to comprehend and apply written product-labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
* Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
* Ability to transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout the shift.
* Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker.
* Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates. CPR training required. First Aid training preferred.
* No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
* Additional language ability preferred.