Nava is at the forefront of reimagining how our government serves its people, and we're looking for experienced infrastructure engineers to help drive this mission forward.
You'll be responsible for pushing the limits of these critical systems, from to achieving and maintaining sub-millisecond transaction times. By doing this, you'll help ensure that Nava continues delivering services that millions of Americans depend on. You care deeply about working on technology that affects people's lives, and are passionate about building and maintaining large-scale systems that are well-designed, fast, scalable, and secure.
You can work remotely, or from one of Nava's offices in DC, SF, or NYC.
Opportunities and Challenges
You will be working within the government ecosystem, which means working, sometimes closely, with other government contractors and civil servants. Working with people outside of your company means you'll likely encounter different working styles and cultural norms. At the same time, working as part of a larger team allows us to deliver on projects of larger scale and complexity.
The government also imposes a level of bureaucracy that is typically not present in a company of our size in the private sector. We operate in a regulated environment, where checks and compliance is built into the process of building software. This can make the path to production slower and some decisions, such as tools and processes, lie outside of our control. However, beyond writing code, finding and recommending ways to improve the way government software is built is one of the highest-leverage ways we help fulfill our mission.
You will be working with legacy systems. While our work is to build new systems with up-to-date technology, we have to do that within an existing ecosystem. Our work is building functional, resilient software for production. We don't build flashy prototypes that don't work for real people. This usually means getting to know legacy systems, often with poor documentation and unreliable narrators, and trying to determine how to replicate the systems' behavior or how to integrate with these systems. This is a great opportunity for engineers who enjoy software archaeology. If you care deeply about how software systems work over time, and building systems for longevity and resilience, this work is for you. What you'll do
What we're looking for
- Work with fellow Infrastructure Engineers to coordinates provisioning and support for the hundreds of applications that make up medicare and .
- Code, manage, configure, and maintain services.
- Own and maintain a service Cloudbees Jenkins, JFRog, Cloudtamer or be a subject matter expert in some or one.
- Be a resource to system engineers on support tickets.
- Assist ADOs setup environments and coordinate with Delivery Lead to fill in feature gaps.
- Update documentation and runbooks.
- Join our on-call rotation as a first line of defense during production issues
- 25% of time working with government partners.
- Take part in hiring activities (e.g., submitting referrals, conducting interviews, and attending interview debriefs), as needed.
- Experience building applications using Azure, including subscription and network management.
- Experience deploying and managing infrastructure using one or more of: terraform or ARM templates.
- Experience scripting in one or more of: Powershell, Python, Bash,
- Experience leading or managing a team of engineers
- Stakeholder management skills and a proven ability to build strong relationships and trust throughout the organization
- Proven experience with running production data centers in the Azure
- Experience designing infrastructure environments and managing migrations to Azure
- Extensive knowledge of Windows server administration and engineering
- Preferred experience building DevOps pipelines
- Preferred experience working with Agile frameworks
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years
- Residency: Lived in United States at least 3 years out of the last 5 years
- Education: Due to contractual requirements, this role requires a Bachelor's Degree (in any discipline) or 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- You will be required to obtain a public trust clearance.
Compensation Range: $107,000 - $171,000
Remote states Nava is actively hiring in: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington.
** If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
- Lived in United States at least 3 years out of the last 5 years
- Able to attain and maintain Public Trust clearance or higher (An active green card or citizenship is required).
Perks working with NAVA
- 20 days of PTO accrued, 13 days paid federal holidays, 5 floating holidays, unlimited sick leave.
- NAVA covers 90% of medical premiums and 100% of vision and dental premiums for their employees.
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave and weekly meal deliveries during leave.
- 401k contributions match at 4% of your salary.
- Flexible work arrangements.
- $1000 new home office set up budget and monthly phone allowance.
- $2,000 annual tuition and professional development budget.
- Equity stock options.
- Employee referral program.
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Life and Accidental Death.
- Diverse, inclusive, highly collaborative, and vibrant culture fostering remote work!
Remote or from one of Nava's offices in DC or SF.
Remote work locations: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, DC, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington.
*If you are not living in one of the states listed above, unfortunately, you will not be considered for a position at this time.
We're a small team working to radically improve our government, so everyone that joins us has a direct impact on the direction and success of Nava. We are stewards - we hold a deep responsibility towards the systems that we work with. We are a community - we value collaboration both within our teams and with the many hardworking people within government. We offer generous benefits and equity.
Nava PBC equal opportunity employer that is deeply committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a protected veteran or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion not only reflects our values as a public benefit corporation but also enriches our ability to do our work.
Please contact the recruiting team at email@example.com if you would like to request reasonable accommodation during the application or interviewing process.
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Nava. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.