Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on, and on our.
About the Role
You will have demonstrated experience building front-end codebase. You have knowledge of front-end engineering methods, how best to meet latency code in ReactJS or VanillaJS. You should also designing and working in AWS. You will also have experience leading junior engineers, doing code-reviews and setting best engineering practices.
This position can also be located in San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY; and Vancouver, BC.
- Develop new music product features
- Develop performant, responsive and delightful web features
- Maintain the services to power these features
- Lead discussions to analyze our needs, then develop front-end solutions
- Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
- Improve existing APIs and services, with a heavy focus on scale and availability
- Improve engineering processes to increase team effectiveness
- Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and documentation
- Work across both technical and business-focused teams to bring value to our creators
- 7+ years of professional experience developing distributed or high-volume services
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science/Engineering or prior engineering experience
- Experience taking a role in building complex software systems that have been delivered to customers
- Experience developing web applications and their backend APIs
- Experience with ReactJS
- Familiarity with scalability, concurrency, and API design
- Proficient working with cloud technologies using AWS
- Experience working with product managers, designers, and other engineering leaders
- User or streamer on Twitch
- Experience building Go services
- Experience with React.js and GraphQL
- MS Preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.