Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Group Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, Sony Music Entertainment, Sony Music Publishing and Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: .
Sony Corporation of America (SCA) is seeking a Senior Social Media Producer to create content and community manage the Sony brand TikTok and Instagram channels. We are looking for someone who can enhance our brand, and authentically interact with the community and build relationships across these platforms. You'll work with internal teams globally and external agencies to help bring the Sony brand to life in social.Responsibilities
- The senior social media producer will be responsible for growing followers on the @Sony brand TikTok and Instagram channels
- Create, produce, and optimize highly shareable content/stories to drive audience growth and engagement
- Community manage channels to engage users and create an interactive relationship between consumers and Sony brand
- Work collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams and Sony Group Company businesses to curate branded content
- Collaborate with agency partners to ensure flawless execution of campaigns and activations
- Create impactful social activity that leads to an improvement in brand perception and favorability
- Manage and maintain social programming calendars
- Provide creative direction and copy options for social posts
- Moderate user-generated content in-line with the moderation policy as well as any active marketing campaigns
- Monitor benchmarks for measuring the growth of the communities, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of new campaigns and initiatives
- Be on the pulse of social conversation and find opportunities to make social media channels stand out
- Identify trending content opportunities and share with broader audience asappropriate
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum 3 years of content creation, social media, or community management experience at a creative agency or in-house brand
- Deep understanding of how brands should use social to show up authentically
- Experience developing social media content that is native to each channel and that can deliver tangible results, specifically in TikTok and Instagram Stories & Reels
- Ability to collect, analyze, and use social data to inform decision making
- At the cutting edge of social trends and culture, knowing how to harness them while maintaining brand values
- Experience running influence campaigns and how they can be used to drive acquisition
- Attention to detail, excellent organization skills, and ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities
- Must have working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere, or other video editing tools as well as platform editing tools (TikTok and Instagram).
- Strong experience in creative, marketing, and/or editorial writing
- Knowledgeable of, or curious to learn about, the Sony brand and its group companies, including PlayStation, Sony Pictures, Sony Music, and Sony Electronics.
- Please provide examples of social media posts from previous campaigns along with your resume
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, military status, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or family status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Corporation of America
Sony Corporation of America provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at or by mail to: Sony Corporation of America, Human Resources Department, 25 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.