As a Senior Accountant for Sony Music - Latin Regional Office, you will participate directly with the Finance department in completing tasks in the following areas: General Ledgers, Financial Statement Analysis, Month-End Close, Budgeting and Forecasting, Variance Analysis and Audit Process
What you'll do:
- Review, analyze and assist with monthly tasks such as flash results and commentary, reporting, and variance plans, in coordination with other departments and their respective leaders.
- Prepare, record and process journal entries, accruals and inter-company activity within the Latin Region while properly interpreting and applying accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform accounting duties such as the reconciliation of general ledger accounts and approval of P.Os for processing, along with all other related tasks.
- Participate in the development and preparation of the annual BP.
- Join teams for special ad hoc projects.
Who you are:
What we give you:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2-5 years of business experience in financial analysis or in accounting with working knowledge of GAAP, IFRS, and financial reporting.
- Advanced financial modeling skills and high proficiency in MS Excel.
- Knowledge in SAP, BPC and Tableau preferred.
- Must have strong quantitative and analytical skills with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while managing multiple concurrent tasks.
- Proficient in Spanish.
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.