While reporting to the Plant Manager, the position is accountable for safety, quality, on-time delivery, productivity, material handling, cost performance, employee training and relations in a high performance work team environment, capital improvements and budget preparation.Job demands monitoring production performance and implementing processes, procedures, and methods to improve results in all key functional areas.Position is responsible for implementing and maintaining best manufacturing practices and regulatory compliance for all production activities.
What you'll be doing:
- Ensure the safety of all employees; lead a comprehensive safety program to prevent injuries. Comply with all federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations (EPA, OSHA, etc.).
- Develop subordinates through education, training, and teamwork.
- Is responsible for motivation, support and guidance to all employees
- Communicate problems and obstacles to the plant manager and the leadership team. Establish workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Create schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels
- Assist in preparation of annual plant operating budget. Meet or exceed plant productivity, cost, or other performance metric expectations as outlined by plant manager.
- Hire, train, direct and mentor staff and all plant employees with diverse language, cultural and educational background.
- Lead plant in continuous improvement initiatives, such as 5S with safety, 6 Sigma, Kaizen events, and lean manufacturing.
- Coordinate production scheduling to meet customer demands, to manage overtime, to minimize inventory, and to reduce costs.
- Support quality initiatives to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations. Ensure employees complete required quality checks and audits.
- Build and maintain productive employee relationships, driving employee satisfaction. Provide direction, training, and development as needed. Provide coaching, counseling, or discipline as needed. Recommend disciplinary action to plant manager, and review disciplinary action by supervisors for effectiveness and consistency. Work with HR to address employee concerns and issues.
- Identify, propose, and implement capital projects to improve operational performance.
This position is located in Conyers, GA in our Thermosafe (Protective Solutions) Division.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a 4 year degree - strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.