Mold Setter Level 1
Starting Wage: $16.84
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn't changed our tight-knit feel - we've simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company - it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Plant Engineer, you will be responsible for performing any tasks necessary to provide high quality, efficient, timely mold changes for the Foam Molding Department. Excellent attendance is crucial for the team to achieve success. You must have a proven record of success in a fast-paced environment. You must have the ability to work with various teams. You will take pride in your personal hands-on and analytical abilities, organizational skills and attention to detail.
Day to Day responsibilities include:
- A good safety record with no progressive discipline safety violations within the past 12 months.
- No progressive disciplines for attendance or quality in the last 12 months.
- Satisfactory job performance on the last supervisor appraisal.
- Ability to work with and give direction to others plus strong organizational and time management skills.
- The position requires the technician to be forklift certified and LOTO certified. Candidates that do not have PIT Certification or LOTO Certification will be required to pass both before moving into this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform all duties safely. Use all safety equipment and procedures. Handle and use all tools safely. Follow OSHA and Sonoco standards, including energy isolation. Participate in safety audits and related safety program activities as prescribed. Safety in the workplace is paramount. When working on machinery or equipment, LOTO procedures must be followed as posted on the Hazard Energy Control Procedure
- Work in a 4 person team preparing and installing molds for the foam molding operation.
- Good Mechanical skills required with the ability to troubleshoot machines
- General knowledge of basic hand tools and their safe use. Candidate must provide their own basic set of tools.
- Follow production schedule for mold preparation plan
- Perform mold changes and mold repairs as needed
- Perform preventative maintenance activities on molding presses and supporting equipment
- Communicate with maintenance and vendors on supplies needed
- Maintain organization of all molds and tooling - maintain in storage locations
- Must be able to meet performance goals set by Lead Mold Setter/Plant Engineer/Plant Manager
- Maintains cleanliness of area and follows good housekeeping procedures
- Position requires a self-motivated individual who can multitask in a fast paced production environment
- Performs all duties in a manner that demonstrates the highest level of safety and quality
- Adapt quickly to changes in the mold change schedule as it relates to customer requirements
- Typical working hours are 4am - 1230pm and some overtime is expected
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
This position is in our Thermosafe plant in Conyers, Ga. We are producing temperature assurance packaging components designed to passively maintain the temperature of pharmaceutical products during transportation.
- Previous experience in maintenance is extremely helpful
- You have to have a "get it done" attitude and an urgency to resolve problems/tasks.
- To succeed in this role you will need excellent verbal communication skills
- Working independently and managing multiple tasks simultaneously is needed.
- You need to have working knowledge of our products and their quality requirements.
- Being reliable, having good initiative, being committed, and being quality focused is a must.
- You will need to be able to lift up to 50 lbs. as needed.
- Having the ability to effectively work with a team in a fast-paced environment is crucial to success.
- You will need to have the ability to read and understand machinery manuals.
- You will need to have the ability to work quickly while maintaining a high level of craftsmanship and attention to detail.
- No prior manufacturing experience required.
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family.
Apply today and help us get stronger!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.