The Marriott Park Ridge believes top tier Team Members deserve some recognition!
By securing a position with us you will be awarded with up to $1,000 in incentives paid throughout your first year!Incentives will be awarded on your 30th day employment PLUS your 6-month anniversary AND again on your 1-year anniversary!
The Marriott Park Ridge is seeking a Maintenance Engineer (Engineer 1) to join their positive and talented team! Conveniently located a short distance from Woodcliff Lake, Nyack, The Outlets at Bergen Town Center and the bustle of New York City, the Marriott Park Ridge boasts 289 rooms, 18,000+ sq. ft. of event space and two restaurants on-site.
Job Overview: To maintain all building and equipment throughout the hotel.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Performs general repairs and services in all maintenance related disciplines, including but not limited; carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, minor electrical, finish work, etc.
* Prioritize work orders through urgent requests and established hotel area down times in order to minimize inconveniencing guests.
* Effectively interact with department managers is required.
* Respond to guest room calls as required.
* Complete any and all assigned preventative maintenance procedures.
* Adhere to hotel safety standards.
* Perform other duties and handle projects as assigned by Manager.
* Assist other departmental craft workers as required.
* Perform all duties required as Fire Alarm Response Team.
* Participate in OSHA/Safety programs within the hotel through awareness in everyday job functions and participate on the Hotel's Emergency Evacuation Team.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge and Skills:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Must be able to work well with all members of the Engineering Department and all other members of the Hotel Staff.
* Must promote a cordial and caring attitude toward all other department heads.
* Highly motivated self-starter.
* Experience in all phases of mechanical/electrical systems.
* Blueprint reading.
* Ability to communicate with hotel guests.
* Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10F) and kitchens (+110F), possibly for one hour or more.
* Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
* Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the hotel on a timely basis.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning and repair/maintenance tasks.
* Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. On a regular and continuing basis.
* Must have the ability to bend, squat, and frequently lift 50 lbs. and occasionally lift up to 100 lbs.
* The worker is subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
* The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions, one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
* The worker is subject to oils; there is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening
and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
* Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near and color vision and depth perception.
* Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
* Must have finger dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as computers, printers, 10-key adding machine, electric typewriter, multi-line touch tone phone, filing cabinets, FAX machines, photocopiers, dolly and other office equipment as needed.
* High school or equivalent education required.
* Must have minimum of three years hands-on experience working on minor electrical, painting, plumbing and a/c repairs.
* Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
* All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Spire Hospitality standards.