GKN Aerospace is the world's leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50manufacturing locations in 15countries, we serve over 90% of the world's aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world's advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to bebetter in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Manufacturing Engineer will support operational and development Programs to enable and deliver zero defect projects utilizing superior engineering and problem solving skills. They will deliver robust, capable manufacturing process technology as it applies to both materials, tooling, part fabrication and assembly.
- Responsible for technical support of manufacturing, development of improved processes and integration for production. Resolve issues pertaining to vendor quality.
- Deploy these processes with a high degree of process capability utilizing the GKN standard Zero Defect Manufacturing (ZDM) tool suite to demonstrate as such.
- Provide technical knowledge to production activities with the ultimate goal of improving efficiency, product quality and the reduction of non-conforming parts.
- Technical expertise in Manufacturing Engineering, with a professional qualification / background (university degree) in engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical or Materials)
- Identifies and anticipates technical problems and offers solutions
- Capable of being a technical representative, representing the business at a customer / supplier meeting
- Drives to complete the job on time and continually searches for better ways of doing things
- Understands situations by analysing them logically and uses information in a systematic way identifying appropriate course of action for resolution.
- Exemplifying a safety-first mind-set and ensuring compliance with the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards.
- Responsible for the development of technical solutions to complex problems within GKN Aerospace, our customers and suppliers.
- Deliver technical support of manufacturing process development and integration for production.
- Utilize root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, as well as co-workers
- Continuously improve production processes by implementing Lean initiatives.
- Bachelors degeers in engineering or related fields (i.e. Mecahncial, Chemical, Aerospace, etc.); Will accept equivalent combination of education and professional experience in lieu of degreee.
- 3 years of experience in Manufacturing Engineering with exposure to quality managment systems.
- Must be able to perform work subject to ITAR/EAR regulations and/or program requirements.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
- Familiarity with AS9145 APQP process or equivalent
- Develops working relationships through team work, influencing, leadership, coaching and personal drive to succeed:
- Sets example through own behaviour and attitude. Able to contribute to effective project plans
- Proactive approach demonstrated in team environment to achieve knowledge management
- Explains concepts to a variety of audiences and ensures meaning is understood
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken
Diversity Inclusion and Belonging (DIB)
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.