Community Finance Capital Officers seek to leverage our ability to bring debt and equity investment capital to our clients. This position is focused on originating opportunities to support community finance investments primarily through Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC) multi-investor funds as well as sourcing secondary market transactions. Once an opportunity is identified, they lead the deal team through approval and closing of both debt and/or equity for each deal. They determine product pricing and manage resources toward agreed upon targets.
Our ideal candidate possesses strong presentation, influencing, verbal and written communication skills as well as a high level of attention to detail and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Additionally the candidate will be skilled at identifying, evaluating and proposing solutions to manage risk.
* Expertise in evaluating and financing LIHTC multi-investor and secondary market transactions including a deep understanding of: Low income housing tax credits (LIHTC), tax exempt bonds, funding from US Department of Housing and Urban development (HUD), and other state/local governmental financing sources.
* Under the guidance/direction of the originations manager or designee, plans portfolio growth through the development of a business plan in alignment with departmental budget and consistent with overall Bank objectives
* Performs the preliminary deal evaluation, structuring, pricing of all multi-investor fund and secondary investments consistent with team policies and procedures. Presents transaction proposals to head of originations and credit risk manager.
* Negotiates both equity and debt investments related to multi-investor fund community development transactions, secondary transactions and other CRA eligible investments; adept at understanding the implications and relationship between Capital One's loan and investment involvement.
* Leads the closing of all transactions originated including working with internal and external teams to obtain final credit approval, achieving timely closing and keeping management informed.
* As part of the closing process, assists in the review of all legal documents to ensure compliance with the approved deal terms.
* Manages relationships with key market/industry influencers; develops and maintains the company's relationships with customers and influencers to expand business.
* Assists with coordination with other departments for the sale and administration of all financial services to include debt, deposits, investments, derivatives, etc.
* Manages (or assists in managing) national relationships with fund managers of low income housing tax credits and oversees evaluations of our tax credit partners including a review of the organization's people, policies, procedures and performance.
* Leverages industry expertise and market knowledge to serve as a mentor/coach to other members on the team; participates in external industry panels convened for problem-solving.
* Develops relationships with key industry participants (investors, syndicators, brokers) to source secondary transaction opportunities.
* Assists in cross functional initiatives within the bank to further expand product offerings and impact on communities.
* Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the competitive landscape; identifies community needs and opportunities for the bank to serve.
* Understands and employ all lending, investing and regulatory/compliance controls, policies, and procedures of the bank and the department.
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
* Bachelor's degree or military experience
* At least 8 years of experience in commercial real estate banking or affordable housing
* At least 5 years experience in business development, underwriting, asset management or affordable housing finance
* Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Master's degree in Finance
* 8+ years of experience in business development, underwriting, asset management or affordable housing finance
* 5+ years of experience underwriting or structuring loans or equity investments for multi-family housing funded with Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC)
* Experience working with legal counsel
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).