Who we are and what we do
Peerpoint is Allen & Overy's global platform for self-directed lawyers who want to access the best work, clients, resources and bespoke support, whilst working on assignments with Allen & Overy or directly with clients. Assignments are usually at least three to six months in duration and flexible working arrangements are available. To find out more, please visit
We are currently looking for lawyers with a minimum of four years' top-tier experience. In particular we have immediate demand for lawyers with the following skillsets, although others are welcome to apply speculatively.
- Capital markets, in particular derivatives and structured finance and securitization
- Banking & finance (including experience of IBOR projects)
- Corporate and M&A
- Corporate - Technology Transactions
Successful applicants will:
- have a minimum of four years' experience at a law firm ranked as top tier in their area of expertise;
- ideally have recent in-house legal experience at a leading financial services institution or corporate company (directly or as a secondee);
- be admitted to the California, New York or Washington DC bar; if intend to work remotely from a location outside any of those jurisdictions, candidate may be required to have an active bar license in the state where they reside and where legal work will be done;
- have a commitment to building a career through interim assignments and be motivated to operate at a high level whilst working in this way;
- have a 'consultant mindset', including a flexible and adaptable outlook and approach;
- have proven project management skills;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally;
- be resilient, autonomous and highly credible, with exemplary commercial/business acumen, client service ethic and commitment; and
- have excellent academic credentials.
Examples of recent opportunities:
- A New York-qualified derivatives lawyer providing assistance to a US investment bank.
- A mid to senior-level U.S. financial services and regulatory lawyer providing support to a global technology company in relation to a strategically important project.
- A US corporate attorney providing team support to a large financial services organization.
- A mid-level securitization lawyer providing transactional support to A&O's U.S. securitization practice.
- A senior banking lawyer supporting A&O's New York banking team in relation to IBOR transition projects.
- Mid to senior level commercial contracting support for a technology (Saas) company.
- U.S. product counsel attorneys for a global technology company.
Why be a Peerpoint Attorney?
- Gain more career control and choice. As a Peerpoint lawyer, you are empowered to have more autonomy and control over your future with the flexibility to determine your own path: one that aligns with your career ambitions and lifestyle aspirations.
- Access high-level work with leading clients. Peerpoint attorneys may take on assignments with clients or with Allen & Overy.
- Benefit from the resources from an elite international law firm.
- Earn generous compensation, including benefits such healthcare, access to Allen and Overy's resources and training opportunities, and reimbursement of professional fees.
- Receive objective and individualized career advice and support.
We only invite attorneys to join our panel when we feel confident that there will be a sufficient volume of suitable roles for their area of expertise and level of experience. We cannot guarantee work but we are every bit as invested in moving your career forward as you are.
Please note that, due to nature of the relationship between Peerpoint and our Peerpoint lawyers, we are not able to sponsor visas. Applicants are therefore required to be authorized to reside and work in the U.S.
Please note that, due to the high volume of applications, it is our policy not to provide individual feedback at the application stage.