Sorenson Communications and CaptionCall are committed to connecting people every day through communications access 24/7/365. Our customers rely on us and our innovative technology to quickly deliver accuracy in every conversation. We are industry leaders because, in all of our endeavors, our customers sense our passion, our care, and our commitment. This dedication extends to our workplace. Our employees are united and proud to be part of important human interactions and understand that everything we do to facilitate communication creates connections and enhances relationships between people.
- Mileage reimbursement
- Hourly rate plus piece rate
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for traveling to customer homes and businesses performing VRS training, service calls and new installations of Sorenson equipment in their assigned area.
- Educate new and existing customers on how to use the features & the benefits of SVRS services and products.
- The Outreach Trainer may participate in events with the Sales/Outreach and Marketing groups at educating institutions, customers and organizations as to the benefits of Sorenson VRS.
- Participate in seminar and training sessions with deaf constituents on using Sorenson services to communicate with hearing constituents.
Local Daily Travel Requirements: 50-75%
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive experience in installing Sorenson VRS equipment, providing customer service and be expert in all types of videophone and network installations including T1, DSL and High-Speed Cable Internet. T
- Must also have excellent written and ASL communication skills.
- Have daily access to own transportation; be willing and able to provide required documentation including insurance, registration, etc.
- Be willing and able to travel long distances by automobile or airplane and stay overnight.
- Have excellent computer skills and understand the Internet, routers, hubs, switches and how to install them.
- Have & maintain personal high speed Internet connection at place of residence.
- Must have Sorenson Communications selected as their default provider (with an active Local Number) for work VP and mobile devices.
- Have understanding of firewalls and be able to work successfully with IT and Network Administrators to open the required ports for Sorenson's equipment.
- Be fluent in American Sign Language.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Must be a team player and have a positive attitude.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds and sit for long periods of time.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are applying for a role which requires face to face interactions with co-workers or customers, you will be required to comply with our company's vaccination policy.
As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with the vaccination or testing requirements outlined in our company policy (for certain roles) as soon as practicable. Our policy requires either proof of vaccination or compliance with our vaccination exemption process.
This position has access to highly confidential, sensitive information relating to the employees, customers, and technologies of Sorenson Communications and CaptionCall. It is essential that applicant possess the requisite integrity to maintain the information in strictest confidence.
Apply today! www.sorensonvrs.com/svrs_careers
Equal Employment Opportunity:
CaptionCall and Sorenson Communications are an EOE, Disability/Age Employer.