Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
SMM FX is a systematic market making business covering FX spot, forwards and NDFs. As an automated trading business, SMM manages the financial as well as operational risks inherent in this endeavor. We are looking for someone to work on the quantitative research aspect of market making. The successful candidate will work on improving our pricing and hedging capabilities, analyze client trading behavior, model market impact, etc.
- Generate ideas for models and strategies to improve pricing and risk-management
- Build, test and deploy those strategies in a fast-paced production environment.
- Manage the operational risks inherent in a fast-moving automated trading business.
- Collaborative working with colleagues across business lines and across regions.
- Work productively with people outside the electronic trading business, e.g. other traders, strats and engineers in the firm.
- Understand the regulatory and supervisory environment and demonstrate ownership of our obligations and responsibilities under this.
- Strong academic background in Computer Science or an analytical field such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, etc.
- Proven ability to analyze large data sets and draw useful commercial conclusions.
- Development in real-time algorithmic systems. Familiarity with Java and Python preferred, though not absolutely essential. In the absence of these, strong familiarity with alternative languages is essential to demonstrating an ability to develop production code.
- Ability to communicate and work collaboratively within their own team and with other parts of the firm, e.g. voice trading, other technology teams and functions like economic research which have varying levels of technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated understanding of and engineering of a safe operating environment, particularly regarding the control environment around electronic trading.
- Experience working on FX Market making and execution
- Low-latency Java
- Know your way around a Linux terminal.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.