Complex Networks is a subsidiary of BuzzFeed, Inc.
Complex Networks is a global youth entertainment network spanning major pop culture categories including streetwear and style, food, music, sneakers and sports. Complex Networks is diversified around three pillars: advertising, e-commerce, and content where it creates and distributes original programming for Gen Z and Millennial audiences through premium distributors such as Netflix, Hulu, Turner, Corus, Facebook, Snap, YouTube, Roku and more. Additionally, Complex Networks generates revenue through a number of core business lines, including branded content and advertising, licensing, events, e-commerce, and agency consulting services.
- Create, curate, and be responsible for all content published to the Complex Main TikTok, capitalizing on platform trends and moments
- Build upon and maintain the voice of Complex Social across all platforms, exhibiting excellent judgment and audience-sensitive framing
- Serve as on-the-ground social producer during shoots, events, and tentpole moments, developing social-first content that will live across all Complex platforms
- Ideate and support the creation of TikTok-first ideas and tactics in partnership with anchors and video team for content that lives across TikTok, providing active recommendations and solutions to the content creation process
- Work with the Director of Social Operations and Promotions and promo producers to ideate and concept around Complex shows, projects and tentpoles specifically for the development of vertical social-first video content
- Ideate with anchors on ideas for original content based around upcoming tentpoles and map out consistent posting schedule
- Track weekly and monthly analytics and performance, providing optimizations as necessary
- Serve as the point-person on all social goals (growth, views, and engagement) on TikTok and is accountable for providing vertical-specific tactics, strategic pivots and added direction when needed
- Maintain and build relationships with TikTok platform partners, ideating on upcoming Tik Tok hashtags and events that Complex could capitalize on, implementing best practices and innovating upon new platform updates and products
- Help maintain and uphold a healthy and positive culture for the social team.
- Ideate, source, and create original real-time content for all Complex audiences, identifying memes and trends at the cusp of virality
- Participate in editorial and social brainstorms and cover meetings when needed.
- Work with Strategy and Sales teams to package and pitch social series and franchises for TikTok
- 3-5 years of social media and content creation experience with a publisher or brand
- A deep understanding of the Complex content, voice, and tone
- Proficiency in creating lo-fi content using native iPhone tools, apps, and the TikTok editing suite
- Interest in data around user engagement, viewership, and ability to iterate on success
- Interest in being on-camera when needed
- Positive, intuitive, proactive, and collaborative team player
- Must be willing to work nights and occasional weekends/holidays for coverage
- Robust knowledge of current events + pop culture + sports + music.
- Possess a deep understanding and fluency of all social media platforms. (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok)
- Extensive knowledge of internet culture and proven track record in driving audience and consumer action on social
- Self-management skills + take charge attitude
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. is the world's leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news and entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, and original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the world's largest social food network; original reporting and investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News and HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing and product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; and original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film and digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
"BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
EEO is the law"