About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
The Analyst, Business Operations will play a significant role in BuzzFeed's growing business. We are looking for an exceptional individual to contribute to our efforts in building a reporting suite for sales leaders to understand how to scale the advertising business and create incremental revenue/growth opportunities. The Analyst, Business Operations will report to the Sr. Manager of Business Operations. This role will be tied to our New York City office.
- Coordinate revenue and budgeting processes used within the advertising business; establish high levels of quality, efficiency, and consistency
- Conduct analyses to gain a deeper insight into advertising business across all core functions: sales, client service, pricing, creative, ad operations, research, and marketing
- Develop and report on the metrics to evaluate efficiency and productivity across business units
- Establish effective analysis of advertising business trends and performance to identify greater efficiencies while managing and understanding process bottlenecks throughout the entire sales lifecycle
- Assist in maintaining the functional areas of data management, forecasting, contacts, leads, opportunities, dashboards and reports, and ensuring data integrity throughout our CRM system
- Continuously assess resource management and make recommendations to ensure optimal support model
- Assess sales trends, client feedback, and market movement; consolidate into recommendations for sales leadership
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for senior management providing data that will inform business decisions
- One to two years of digital media experience including internships; could include Finance, Business Operations, Strategy, Sales, Sales Operations, Account Management, Sales Planning, Ad Operations, or Consulting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Natural ability to tell a compelling story using data-driven insights
- Experience with sales cycles/tools including CRM a plus
- Business operations or sales operations experience with a digital and/or technology company a plus
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
"BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
EEO is the law"