About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
In search of a killer head of marketing to help position Buzzfeed Inc. as a differentiator in how we help brand partners navigate the future state of engaging millennials and Gen Z.
The Head of Marketing will oversee core groups within the Brand Partnerships division of insights, strategy, B2B marketing, and sales enablement. Each of these groups act as a front line to sales, and help power up the perception of the marketplace of our ability to help them navigate the future through insights, develop the most strategic and creative ideas, and put our best foot forward when it comes to marketing to the B2B community.
- Lead our Collective team (in-house insights), strategy division, B2B marketing, and sales enablement team.
- Fluency in understanding the power of data and analytics to power the business. Leading a team that will be hands on in creating powerful insights tools to be client and industry facing.
- Develop in partnership with our strategy leadership team new improved workflows to be able manage inbounds and deliver best in class approach.
- Create B2B marketing strategies to drive the narrative of BF Inc. out in the marketplace to help create further awareness and understanding of our value proposition. Liaison with the Comms team to coordinate press opportunities and speaking engagements that propel the narrative deep and wide.
- Work in tandem with the sales enablement team to work cross-functionally to build new to world products, frame for buy side, and launch out into the world to drive significant revenue opportunities for the division.
- Partner with the CRO as a strategic partner in driving the organization forward, navigating headwinds, and developing new strategic partnerships to gain competitive advantages.
- 15+ years of digital media experience.
- Deep understanding of the online advertising ecosystem including audience targeting/retargeting, the programmatic landscape, and different media types (display, video, mobile, CTV, social, rich media & native media).
- Data-driven approach and understanding of ad campaign metrics and analysis.
- Understanding of the technology behind programmatic monetization.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with an ability to solution sell and address both business and technical audiences.
- Strong collaborator with the ability to work across various functions to achieve objectives.
- Agile and comfortable working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
"BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
EEO is the law"