Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
The Healthcare Account Representative (HCAR) is an outside sales role. This person is responsible for penetrating all assigned accounts and developing relationships to achieve profitable revenue growth within his/her assigned geography. The HCAR partners with established sales and service teams and Health System owners to grow sales among approximately 40-70 acute and non-acute healthcare customers. The compensation is tied to the ability to achieve or exceed established sales targets and other sales tasks. The HCAR will make 3-5 quality, revenue generating calls per day. The HCAR is required to make decisions influencing sales and growth of the health systems.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintain a strong understanding of GPO Contracts and benefits to customers
* Gain a working knowledge of healthcare initiatives
* Execute on Strategic Health System Plan created by HSSM or Sr AM
* Work with key departments of Facilities, EVS, Infection Control and Safety/Emergency Preparedness
* Determine, prepare and present the appropriate "Grainger Value Proposition" to each account and review how Grainger can add value and help with each account's purchasing needs.
* Create a CSG plan that maximizes time in the field and ensures you are delivering and executing a sales plan that meets or exceeds stated performance targets.
* Consistently maintain account and customer contact and record follow up details in Salesforce.
* Execute on Plan to Win. Touch every customer, expand contacts, and sell value
* Proactively drive sales with each account while utilizing a wide array of available communication channels to maximize revenue.
* Be timely and responsive to customers' real-time needs.
* Grow revenue to stated thresholds.
* Achieve or exceed stated metrics of daily calls, customer face time minutes, etc.
* Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion when interacting with all accounts and determining product and service offerings.
* Effectively use quantitative skills to report accurate information on overall results of customer interactions.
* Understand buying decisions, buying processes and cash flow dynamics of aligned customers.
* Understand and use basic selling techniques: open, probe, presentation, over-coming objections.
* Identify opportunities, negotiate and manage sales; manage business needs and cost requirements.
* Understand, apply and synthesize data/information regarding customers and account package.
Preferred Education & Experience:
* 1-3 years of sales or relationship building experience.
* Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
* High integrity in all business dealings.
* Strong time management and organizational skills.
* High School Diploma or GED, two or four year degree preferred.
* A valid driver's license.
* Ability to travel and have occasional overnights (dependent on territory).
* Work locations will be dependent upon conditions of the aligned customer locations
* You could be required to wear personal protective equipment (i.e. protective footwear, safety eyewear, etc.).
* Reports to a District Sales Manager
* Compensation will be driven by the ability to achieve or exceed established sales targets and other account management tasks.
* HCAR works in conjunction with a Sr AM/HSSM. The Sr AM/HSSM sets the strategic strategy. The HCAR implements the strategy
* The HCAR will be aligned to all accounts in the sub-track code aligned to the HSSM/Sr AM
* They will co-own those revenues from $5-10 million annually
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.