YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Manager Business Analytics & Forecasting, are to:
- Serve in a "Center of Expertise" capacity;
- Develop and maintain relevant content knowledge and experience of use in analyses and subsequent operational followup;
- Build and manage a high performing team of data scientists;
- Lead and oversee development and deployment of state of the art ML based time series forecasting engine
- Hands on developer/architect and owner of internal code/processes which fuels the divisions forecasting engine across a variety of products such as, but not limited to: product demand forecast, category sales forecast, new product consumption forecast, driver analysis, anomaly detection, goal setting etc;
- Improve upon existing machine learning methodologies by developing new data sources, developing and testing model enhancements, running computational experiments, and fine tuning model parameters for new models;
- Identify key metrics and create automated dashboards to monitor and report on the health of the business;
- Stay up to date with state of the art forecasting research and how it can be applied to Bayer s business;
- Simplify complex concepts to a broad audience, leaning on excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Work closely with data product team to define and build the forecasting roadmap and culture at Bayer and evangelize for data driven forecasting throughout the business;
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, including Marketing, Media, IT, and Demand Planning, to execute against our roadmap quickly and iteratively.
- The preferred location for this role is Whippany, NJ, but residence based candidate may be considered based upon the needs of the business, provided they are able to spend at least 2 days per week in the Whippany office. Relocation allowance may be offered for this role.
- Visa sponsorship may be offered for this role.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Must have one of the following:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in degree and at least five years of relevant experience in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other quantitative discipline, OR
- Minimum of a Master's Degree and at least three years of relevant experience in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other quantitative discipline;
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills and experience leading teams and/or projects (whether formally or informally);
- Exceptionally strong programming experience with Python, SQL, and data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, or Power BI);
- Expertise with analytics methods/theory (statistics, ML, etc.), data programming libraries (Pandas, Numpy, Scikit learn etc.), and ability to develop and deploy ML models;
- Previous experience working with cloud based data and ML/AI platforms such as AWS, Snowflake, DataBricks, DataRobot, etc.;
- Demonstrated competency in the following: drives for results, bias for action, strong communication, decision making, interpersonal skills, problem solving, practical judgment, leadership, and teamwork.
- Expertise in traditional and modern time series forecasting models (ARIMA, RNN, LSTM, XGBoost, etc.);
- Experience or understanding of common ML Ops patterns;
- Experience in the application of syndicated databases (IRI, Nielsen, and LiveRamp).
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans