Harbor Group Management Company is a multi-billion dollar real estate investment and property management firm. As we continue to grow, we are looking for passionate, goal oriented, creative individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and great communication skills.Harbor Group is dedicated to outstanding customer service and providing exquisite living experience for our residents.
Position: Financial Analyst/Associate
FIRM OVERVIEW: Harbor Group International (HGI) is a
leading global, vertically integrated real estate investment firm. With $19
billion in assets under management, HGI offers a broad range of both equity
debt and real estate strategies across the risk/return spectrum.
JOB SUMMARY: HGI is seeking a Financial Analyst/Associate
who will assist with monitoring, tracking, and reporting on all aspects of an
investment - from the moment a deal goes to the investment committee until
after its disposition. Primary responsibilities will involve assisting with investment management duties consisting
of performance analysis, investor reporting, investment model review, property
and investment valuation, quarterly and capital distributions, and special
projects. The team's focus is also on communicating the company's products,
platform, competitive advantages, business model, and financial results to
external audiences, including investors. The role is based in New York City.
* Provide support in the review of the performance of investments, including financial modeling, proforma analysis, review of property financials, and detailed analyses of the market landscape
* Assist with the analysis of new equity and debt investments to ensure that the opportunity meets the goals and objectives of investors for the global investment committee
* Provide support in the review of property budgets, historical performance, quarterly forecasts, and variance analyses
* Contribute to the equity and debt quarterly distribution process, including obtaining financial and accounting data, as well as calculating waterfall analyses
* Prepare portfolio level reporting, quarterly reporting, and custom investor reporting
Assist in the valuation process of all assets
within the portfolio
Perform market research on real estate markets and competitor firms to assess investment performance
Assist in preparing and compiling company data
for marketing materials such as conference materials, pitchbooks, and teasers
Communicate with third parties directly including investors, brokers, auditors, and other members of the real estate industry
Coordinate with all verticals of a private equity real estate firm, including Asset Management, Transactions, Accounting and Finance, Legal, and Investor Relations00
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Real Estate, relevant business degree or equivalent work experience
* 2 - 5 years of relevant experience in real estate, private equity, or financial services
* Understanding of real estate fundamentals or financial literacy
* Understand underwriting, deal structure, investment levels, waterfalls, and risks/opportunities of an investment a plus
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team that includes the disciplines of finance, research, acquisitions, asset management, and marketing
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
* Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
* Ability to multi-task, manage time well and meet critical deadlines
* Exhibit strong organizational skills and work ethic
* Excellent interpersonal & communications skills, both verbal and written
This pre-employment application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. Each question should be answered in a complete and accurate manner as no action can be taken on this application until all questions have been answered.
Harbor Group Management is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.