Transforming the fight against cancer
is an oncology technology and insights business dedicated to transforming the fight against cancer. Part of, Ontada was founded on the core belief that precise insights - delivered exactly at the point of need - can save more patients' lives. We connect the full patient journey by combining technologies used byand other community oncology providers with real-world data and research relied on by all top 15 global life sciences companies. Our work helps accelerate innovation and power the future of cancer care.
As part of Ontada's Real World Research team, the Senior Director of Research is responsible for leading and managing multiple teams of research professionals performing disease management, comparative effectiveness, pharmacoeconomic and health outcomes research (HEOR) for pharmaceutical manufacturers, physicians and organization leadership. S/he will be a recognized thought leader that brings an innovative mindset and passion for RWE research. As a member of the RWR leadership team, the Senior Director of Research will focus on building, mentoring and guiding a best-in-class research team to achieve the vision and goals of the organization.
Leads and manages multiple teams of research professionals performing disease management, comparative effectiveness, pharmacoeconomic and health outcomes research (HEOR) for pharmaceutical manufacturers, physicians and organization leadership
- Monitor and assess the progress status of ongoing real world observational research projects. Ensure high quality standards, on time delivery within budget for all stages of the research
- Facilitate implementation of innovative approaches and increase operational efficiency by close monitoring of the operating procedures and strategies for research.
- Serve as primary oversight and point of escalation of research protocols, analysis plans, and study reports
- Serve as primary escalation contact for customer relationships
- Provide functional/technical guidance and support for all researchers in assigned studies
- Assist in the development of new research processes, tools and modeling protocols
- Provide guidance and direct input in addressing relevant issues from regulatory, legal, or other challenges to the company's studies and represent the company in key regulatory meetings
- Responsible for developing and implementing standard and repeatable processes and related KPIs in support of the function
- Lead business development activities for RWR by collecting cross-functional input and writing customer proposals
- Manages and provides mentorship to researchers in the Real World Research department and facilitate consistent approaches across teams and locations.
- Provides leadership for the department in achieving visions and goals, including driving process improvement initiatives and enhancement of technical capabilities of the department
- Builds and leads a best-in-class team and facilitate its success in maintaining and improving the confidence of internal and external constituencies
- Collaborates with leaders in developing short and long-range business initiatives and goals
- Develops relationships based on trust, confidence, and respect
- Establishes credibility across the organization for both Ontada and McKesson
- Articulates goals and objectives into specifics that are easily understood and hold people accountable for agreed-to results
- Advise/work in close conjunction with PMO and Research Directors on delegation of work, availability and assignments
- Coaches, develops, and directs a team of professionals through empowerment and delegation to achieve peak performance and meet strategic objectives set forth by the business
- Ensures high quality employee attraction, engagement, and development at all levels, building bench strength through modeling of ICARE/ILEAD and development of a high-performing culture
- Collaborates with study teams to resolve all issues and concerns and provide support and resources to research project teams, as applicable
- Typically requires 13+ years of professional experience and 6+ years of diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization, and people motivation skills (or equivalent experience) (1 less year required with a Master's degree or 2-3 less years required with a Ph.D.)
- MD or PhD degree in Epidemiology, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Public Health, Healthcare Economics or related clinical discipline is required
- Sustained performance in leading and developing high-performing research teams with multi-functional backgrounds
- Sustained performance in developing team members through mentoring, coaching and on the job training
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and exceptional communication skills with the ability to translate technical and non-technical content across multiple stakeholders
- Broad and thorough understanding of research methodology, electronic health records (EHR), claims data, basic applied statistical methods, and clinical trial methodology with the ability to critically analyze and interpret medical and scientific evidence
- Healthcare experience and knowledge of Real World data sources required; Oncology and Pharmaceutical/CRO experience required
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, business acumen and insight; with the ability to understand and synthesize data from various sources, work around data limitations and form impactful judgments and insights
- Sustained expertise in and active leadership of healthcare, safety, regulatory, and/or compliance process improvement initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines while maintaining a high degree of accuracy in outputs
- Close collaboration across multiple disciplines with both internal and external partners, and must align tightly with executives, life science partners, researchers, biostatisticians and other medical and operational services to promote an environment of superior quality and timeliness in deliverables
- Ability to interpret complex data, leverage information for business decision-making, and develop/translate data into actionable recommendations
- Adept at managing expectations in internal and externally facing roles including through influencing and leading cross-functional teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel and Webex/Microsoft Teams
- Remote Office Location
- Occasional travel (up to 25%)
McKesson Total Rewards
McKesson believes superior performance - individual and team - that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation and benefits programs to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it's flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
- Paid time off subject to eligibility, including paid parental leave, vacation, sick, and bereavement
- Other benefits, subject to elections, eligibility, and collective bargaining agreement terms: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Insurance (Accident, Group Legal, Life), 401k and Stock Purchase Programs
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That's why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to supportphysical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.Our Base Pay Range for this position$177,700 - $296,100
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer - minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.