|Job ID||2023-126005||Department||Post-Acute Care Pharmacy||Site||Post-Acute Care Pharmacy||Job Location||US-NJ-Eatontown||Position Type||Per Diem||Standard Hours Per Week||19||Shift||Day||Shift Hours||Varied||Weekend Work||Weekends as Needed||On Call Work||No On-Call Required||Holiday Work||As Needed|
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist, assists pharmacists and other healthcare providers in a manner to provide medications accurately and efficiently to the long-term care patient population served by Hackensack Meridian Health.
****Competitive Sign-On Bonuses Available*****
A day in the life of a Pharmacy Technician (LTC) at Hackensack Meridian Health can be described as follows:
1. Manage and run packaging and dispensing automation commonly used in the long-term care pharmacy setting.
2. Process prescription refill requests.
3. Answer incoming phone calls
4. Fill prescription orders for pharmacist verification.
5. Prepare compounded medications/complete documentation for pharmacist review.
6. Assist in maintaining pharmaceutical inventory.
7. Order medications, stock drug shelves, clean drug shelving, and remove expiring medications from stock.
8. Maintain accurate and up-to-date prescription files.
9. Prepare IV medications under the supervision of a registered pharmacist.
10. Deliver and stock ADM's as required.
11. Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to all medication use and pharmacy policies and procedures.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. Effective oral and written English communication.
3. Strong ability to multi-task.
4. Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with others.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Hospital or Long-Term Care Pharmacy experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Active New Jersey Pharmacy Technician license in good-standing OR Active New Jersey Pharmacy Technician license in good-standing within 180 days of start of employment.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!