Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives - and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It's also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
At Hackensack Meridian Health at Home, we recognize our full- and part-time benefit eligible team members by offering a Total Rewards package including comprehensive Health Benefits, generous Paid Time Off, Travel Reimbursement as well as an investment in your future with a 401(k) match and Tuition Reimbursement.Per Diem team members are eligible to participate in the 401(k) match and Travel Reimbursement. At , you'll find the information, resources and tools that will help you to be successful at HMH. From great benefits and innovative wellness programs, to robust learning and development opportunities, we continue to cultivate an exceptional work environment where you can do the kind of work that leads to fulfillment and professional growth.
- Perform and/or assist patient with personal care activities, such as, baths, showers, skin and hair care, and oral hygiene. Assure universal safety precautions and direction on the care plan are followed when providing care. Provide care that meets the patient's needs.
- Notify RN of any changes in patient condition observed in a timely manner and document appropriately.
- Record all required information on patient chart completely and accurately. Assure documentation is completed per organization protocol.
- Assist patient with transfer and ambulating. Perform range of motion exercises. Assure all activities are performed safely and follow the principles of good body mechanics.
- Perform general housekeeping of patient's area and change patient's bed linens. Assist family with light housekeeping activities, such as dusting, vacuuming, damp mopping, etc.
- Assist client with self-administration of oral medication/s. Remind patient when to take medication/s.
- Prepare simple meals in accordance with dietary instructions and assist patient with eating if necessary.
- Assist with of foley catheter and colostomy care to ensure proper hygiene. Assist patient with changing colostomy bags. Perform peri care. Measure urine. Assist with ostomy care and assure skin is clean around stoma.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned. Demonstrate flexibility with job responsibilities in all areas.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- Lifts a minimum of 50 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 8 hours a day
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Good Customer Service Skills
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- N.J. Board of Nursing CHHA Certification
- Valid driver's license
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.