To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The qualified candidate has extensive in-depth knowledge of the operation and management of medical technology and its role in the delivery of healthcare. The incumbent will assist the Clinical Engineering Manager in providing guidance to the Clinical Engineering Department through a focus on patient safety, regulatory accreditation, budget, and employee competencies. They will perform a wide variety of planning, integration, and productivity focused work as a lead of personnel working with medical equipment. The Lead Clinical Engineering Technician will assist the Clinical Engineering Manager in assigning, directing, and evaluating the work of personnel assigned both within chain of command and as a team member on projects. The incumbent assists in providing direction and training to other clinical engineering equipment support personnel, clinical staff, and vendors on the life cycle management of medical technology. Above all direction will provided which insure a safe, quality, and healing environment for the patients and staff.
- 1. Assists the Clinical Engineering Manager in providing day to day supervision of the staff and activities for the Clinical Engineering Department. The supervisor will have a focus on the assigned campus, with oversight extending to other off-sites and associated contracts/personnel as required.
- 2. Ability to organize work, set priorities, delegate tasks, and meets multiple deadlines across multiple work sites.
- 3. Oversight of Clinical Engineering work schedules and supplies. With minimal supervision, evaluate progressively complex, customer biomedical equipment issues, implement appropriate repairs; as assigned, perform planned maintenance (PM), safety, environmental inspections and maintain effective customer relations. Follow appropriate policies, procedures, hospital protocol and complete necessary documentation.
- 4. Works with management and other key leaders to ensure high levels of patient, employee, and physician satisfaction, often being a leader at points of collaboration.
- 5. Conducts an equipment management program that meets current regulatory requirements.
- 6. Assure service quality via frequent customer contact and formal quality reviews.
- 7. Responsible for ensuring an accurate inventory of medical technology, test equipment, parts and tools.
- 8. Expert knowledge of, and the ability to interpret and apply, complex codes, regulations, guidelines, and standards associated with the biomedical engineering field.
- 9. Collaborates with management on budget forecasting and coordination of projects providing thorough feedback on cost of technology from purchase to decommission.
- 10. Works with administrators, associated IT personnel, vendors and others to ensure proper flow of information through the electronic health record, accreditation databases, financial systems and associated operational improvement initiatives.
- 11. Skill in interpersonal relationships including conflict resolution.
- 12. Responsible for keeping abreast of medical technology.
- 13. Participates in the development and maintenance of the department standards of practice and in the quality assurance program. Assists in formulating programs to improve operations and staffing needs ensuring compliance with Joint Commission and other accrediting bodies' standards.
- 14. Expresses ideas clearly and in a positive professional manner both orally and in writing. Acting often in the role of project manager developing robust plans for the installation, planning, upgrading of medical ? information systems of the clinical service line.
- 15. Demonstrates cooperative interaction with co-workers and other hospital employees, works collaboratively with other departments to achieve patient care goals.
- 16. Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively and positively with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
- 17. Work with a clinical and technical team to analyze and implement efficient workflow processes, including both the creation of new and the improvement of existing by taking advantage of Information Technologies.
- 18. Maintains flexibility in work assignments and provides support to others as can be helpful to the success of the group in meeting its goals and responsibilities.
- 19. Ability to facilitate discussions with key stake holders and provide recommendations for improvements.
- 20. Inspires confidence and inquisitiveness with all employees at all levels of the organization. Stands as a positive example for others.
- 21. Recognizes importance of determining highest priorities and demonstrates ability to perform with optimum use of time and materials.
- 22. Promotes a positive image of the department and the organization through professional conduct, appearance and communication.
- 23. Supports the department and organization's mission and goals.
- 24. Performs all other duties as assigned.
An associate's degree in a technical field through mechanical, electrical, biomedical or other proven comparable education level required. Bachelor's level degree in electrical, mechanical, or biomedical technical training is preferable. A certificate or diploma of advanced management training is considered in high regard.
Thorough knowledge of technologically advanced medical equipment with a minimum of five (5) years experience and progressive team leadership experience effectively supervising and coaching technical personnel, as well as, effectively resolving customer relations issues.
The applicant must demonstrate a mastery of prioritization, conflict resolution, delegation and resourcefulness to facilitate the department mission. The Lead Clinical Engineering Technician must be available to have flexibility in scheduling based on the needs of the hospital to minimize impact on patient care activities. Have knowledge on the use of safety policies, procedures, personal protective equipment, safety data sheets, and universal precautions. Biomedical engineering work requires, in addition to knowledge and skill in engineering disciplines, a background in physiology and anatomy, and experience in specialized areas such as computer applications, electronics, physics and mathematics. Knowledge and daily use of safety policies, procedures, personal protective equipment, safety data sheets, and universal precautions. Ability to effectively lead the work of others. Ability to prioritize and effectively delegate work to staff.
On call as required. Must travel to all YNHHS sites as needed. Minor equipment lifting required.
YNHHS Requisition ID